Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Kunming---Yunnan province

The capital city of Yunnan province, southwest of China ,Kunming rests at 6500 feet (2000m) above sea level. Its clement weather and floral wealth have earned it the nickname "city of Eternal Spring" .An ancent city that first came to prominence as part of the Nanzhao Kingdom.

Well this city was my second stop after i had stayed in Guilin for a few days . I took train from Guilin to Kunming which was not pleasent at all. i had to sit in the seat for almost 18 hours and it was impossible to fall aleep for me like that. And it was the end of September ,chinese national day was coming very soon made the traffic very crowded. Anyway if you had time like me you can try to take train ,its a different experience for me. The good thing is that i met a group of college students on the train. they can speak English relatively well , so it was not that boring then.

The hotel which I stayed in Kunming was not nice ,I can not remember the name of the hotel now but I remember it is a 4-stared hotel which is about 500 meters away from the rail way station. Anyhow I had to rest a long time after the tiring train trip . The second day i went to visit the international village and the chinese minority village as you can see the pictures below. both of them are nice and both of them are not far away from the city. The stone forest is quite famous in Yunnan province and many tourists go there which is about 100 Kms from Kunming city. I didnt go there because its just a single scenery spot and nothing around, kind of waste. So Kunming was just one of my transit stops. My major destination was Lijiang ancient city whick i loved very much and always want to go back to visit it again.








the international village

the minority village

Yunnan province is located along China's south-west frontier , offers an unmatched diversity of landscape, climate and people. and there are about 26 minorities living in this province which makes this province very attractive culturely and historically.
If i had another chance to visit Yunnan province , I think I would like to go to Xishuangbannan ,it is subtropical area ,in climate and culture it feels a part of southeat Asia. much of the area is primeval rainforest, the last left in the ocuntry.

No comments:

Post a Comment